–We’re back! It’s a new year, and there’s a new look for our studio as well. The live viewers are seeing a whole new angle, with Bobby’s autographed photos just within frame. Jason, meanwhile, is worried this rickety chair he is sitting on will collapse beneath him.
–The first thing Bobby wants to talk about is the Netflix documentary Jim & Andy, about Jim Carrey and Andy Kaufman, and he gives it a hearty recommendation. We discuss some of our favorite scenes, and Jason piggybacks off Bobby to make it a dual recommendation.
–Hey, did you see the new X-Files episode? A plot involving Cigarette Smoking Man impregnating an unconscious Scully had many crying foul. “Rape is not okay,” they said. And they’re right. CSM is a villain, folks. We remark that there is a lot of murders depicted in entertainment as well, but it doesn’t get the same outrage.
–A Phoenix area family is being bothered by a pesky poltergeist, and a Yiddish one at that! Do we believe this is truly a paranormal event? No, we do not. But we do give these folks bonus points for coming up with a new twist on old woo.
–What’s weirding you out this week? It’s a question we try to ask our Facebook page followers each week, and the answers usually run the gamut of funny and intriguing. This week doesn’t disappoint! Everything from how cyclones became weaponized from AJ, climate change issues from Ian, and one listener even has the “perfect cult leader name,” and we love them for it.
–Two of our friends got engaged a while back, broke up for a couple weeks, and are now back together and re-engaged. Jason wondered if that’s even necessary, but asks for feedback from listeners.
–Bobby ordered the “Fire and Fury” book about the Trump White House, but has not received it yet because it is on backorder. However, we discuss some of the stories that have come out, and wonder how many are as true as they may appear.
SFR on YouTube
SFR on iTunes
- The battle rages on fb.me/6Ymf7WNqV 26 minutes ago
- SFR 442: Our Shitholes, Ourselves...featuring a “nope” to the Ope, and a chilly iguana, is now available. fb.me/M93ZXsEb 1 day ago
- SFR 442: Our Shitholes, Ourselves...featuring a “nope” to the Ope, and a very chilly iguana, is now available! fb.me/F40b2e1p 2 days ago
- SFR goes live in 15 minutes. Check out the new chatroom and create a username. Or just watch! fb.me/X3DI5o2t 2 days ago
- New SFR chatroom. Create yourself a username, if you’d like. fb.me/1TGtJ2W6f 2 days ago