–SFR is back in your life! Bobby is on-call, and Jason is breaking bald. So before we get to the big issues, let’s cover a little older ground
—Facebook freaks at the amount of people on Pages and Groups dedicated to QAnon, so decided to ban thousands in an effort to “limit violent rhetoric.” Uh, I don’t think it worked.
—Is Netflix guilty of sexualizing kids? A controversy sprung up over the streaming companies marketing of a movie involving 11yo dancers. And Jason is creeped out by the fact it is rated TV-MA.
–If you enjoyed Unsolved Mysteries 2.0, get ready for more in mid-October. We didn’t enjoy it much ourselves, but will likely still check out the new bath of episodes.
–Bobby saw the new Bill & Ted movie, and found enjoyment in mindless dumb fun in the midst of real-world chaos.
–Also, he is slowly leading his middle daughter deeper into the realm of horror movies through Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, and Silence of the Lambs.
–Jason thinks Silence of the Lambs is more effective horror than most modern horror movies. Bobby agrees, and we then discuss a particular near-meaningless scene that has somehow played a huge role in our lives now for years.
–We decide to delve back into the paranormal a bit by watching old episodes of Sightings and discussing individual cases on Strange Frequencies. First up, the Sallie House haunting. Watch it along with us.
–Finally, we get into a bit of the Republican convention. Jason talks about some cringey moments, and moments that deserved a fact check. Then, before we could even get to the bigger speeches, like that of Tim Scott and Donald Trump himself, we get sidetracked.
–Police shootings are again in the news. Jason wants to devote a future episode to a rational discussion of the circumstances in which we feel it is acceptable or necessary for an officer to use deadly force. Using real life circumstances from popularly viewed video footage, maybe an open conversation like that can help.
SFR on YouTube
- Strange Frequencies Radio was banned from our server and is no longer on iTunes, etc. Check out the show exclusivel… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- Sad news. Our sound equipment is broken. Bobby placed an order for a part that will take a couple weeks to arrive.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 years ago
- #Supermoon https://t.co/mHqeXAIgZH 2 years ago
- ICYMI: Here’s Kenneth Copeland blowing #Covid_19 away with the wind of God. Remember to keep #SocialDistancing y… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 years ago
- #SocialDistancing https://t.co/uER3v3jQtE 2 years ago